Please recognize the efforts put into this project by citing:
J. Barthel and A. Thust, Ultramicroscopy 134 (2013) 6–14 , “On the optical stability of high-resolution transmission electron microscopes”.
BECAUSE THE PROGRAM IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE PROGRAM “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE PROGRAM AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
PantaRhei is available free of charge. You can get the software by following the download and installation procedure described below. It is recommended to register your installation of PantaRhei in order to unlock the full functionality.
2. Unzip and execute the installer package. The installation requires administrator rights.
PantaRhei will be installed in the program directory of your system. A link for starting the application is created in your startup menu under the “ERCtools” menu entry.
2. Unzip the binary to any location on your hard disk and execute. No administrator rights are required as long as you store the binary to a folder where you have full access rights.
The full functionality of the software is unlocked only after a registration of your installation. Send a registration request to email@example.com. The registration request must contain a registration request string and is free of charge. Registration data is transferred only in encrypted form and will not be presented in any form (neither clear nor encrypted) to a third party. The email address used for transferring your registration will be added to a private mailing list via which email notifications are sent about new software updates.
1. Start PantaRhei by using the respective link in the ERCtools folder of your startup menu.
2. Enter a user name in the Registration Information dialog, which pops up after the Welcome dialog is closed.
3. Copy the request string and send it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Wait for an email reply containing a registration answer string, and copy the registration answer string into the lower textbox of the dialog.
5. Press the [Register] button to finish the registration.
You may skip the registration and use PantaRhei with limited functionality. The limited functionality allows you to load log files of astigmatism measurements and to display the temporal evolution of the twofold astigmatism graphically. An unregistered installation is not able to perfom the evaluation of the optical stability in terms of lifetime and probability curves.